Saturday, August 12, 2017

Weekly Progress - August 12, 2017

This week sure went by in a flash.  My poor husband has been down with a very sore back - we've been to the Chiropractor several times, and even to Urgent Care one morning when the pain was so severe he wasn't even sure he could make it down the stairs from our bedroom!  Needless to say, I've been busy taking care of him and making sure he is comfortable (lots of back rubs with muscle cream seam to be the best therapy!).  I did get the weekly alterations finished up, plus managed to make progress on one of the projects on my master list.

This is a sample of my Big Surf quilt that I am making for the quilt shop.  I pieced all 12 blocks, assembled them together into a top and actually have it basted and ready to quilt.

And I finally added a strip to the backing for this quilt and am ready to start quilting it as well.  It wasn't part of my original list, but I've added it because I want to get it finished up this week.  I also made my first block for the I Wish you a Merry Quilt Along.  At first I was going to do a plain red and white block, but I saw so many cute fussy cut blocks that I decided I wanted to go that way.  So this morning I pulled out my Christmas bins and chose fabrics.  Most of my choices were the precious last pieces of the Kate Spain "In From The Cold" line, and I found some fun things that went well with that - including the kittens in mittens I used for my block:

The background is some cute snowmen - this is a BasicGrey print I've had for a while as well.  I think this will be a fun wintery quilt when it's finished!  The next block debuts on Tuesday - if you want to see more blocks, and join in you should join the facebook group:  I Wish You a Merry Quilt-A-Long.  So far it's been a blast and I can't wait to see the next block!

So - for next week I want to set a few goals.  I won't bore you with the alteration projects, they are pretty mundane, but for quilting my goals are:

Quilt and Bind Allietere.
Quilt and Bind Bug Surf.
Make 5 Farmer's Wife blocks (this is a Christmas quilt and I would love to finish it this year!)
Make 5 Dear Jane blocks (my forever project)
Work on writing pattern for Twinkle Star.
Cut out and start sewing my Quilt as You Go project for the Island Batik Challenge this month.

That should keep me quite busy!  I'll let you know next week how I do with it - I'm hoping that by setting some specific goals I can start making progress on some of my long term projects as well as finishing up other short term projects.  Hopefully DH's back will continue to improve and my schedule will be a little easier this week.  I can't complain, because I know it's no fun to be in that kind of pain day after day!

Wishing you a good weekend, and some time to quilt as well!


No comments: